Today is a “Get a rejection letter from a promising job, fuck up making a grilled cheese sandwhich, and watch a bunch of BattleStar Galactica” day.
From my BSG notes:
The Ballad of Leroy “Crashdeck” Jenkins.
Saul “I thought you were never coming home and I panicked” Ty.
How does anyone move furniture in this civilization? It must be a bitch getting tables out of those weird-ass doors.
From my job application notes:
And imasupermuteant tagged me again.
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? You already asked me that and it’s still raw fish with cucumber and fake crab wrapped in seaweed.
- What word do you always struggle to spell? I can’t spell “conveniently” to save my fucking life. It took me years just to get to the point where spellcheck will figure out what I’m trying to say.
- How many pairs of pants do you own? I dunno. A lot. Like, 10, but most of them have holes in the knees.
- If you could have any kind of body modification what would it be? I’d get the Mystery Science Theater silhouette on my inner thigh so they can critique my sexual partners.
- What color is your hair and what color do you wish your hair was? My hair’s kinda blond, but in a really muted, indeterminate dishwatery sort of way, so I guess I wish it was an actual color, like golden-blond, instead of the color of blandness.
- Have you ever been to Disney Land/World because I haven’t and I’m bitter. I haven’t either. It sounds awful.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dog person. Cats are kinda assholes. I don’t really understand. Cat people, are you OK? You know that you deserve animals that love you, right?
- Have you ever been abroad and was it better than America? The candy in Australia is so much better than American candy.
- Describe your ideal living situation. A place. On my own. That I can afford. That I can paint and stuff. With light to grow… I dunno, organic vegetables and things. And not too far from a nice coffee shop where I can write like a hipster and also get baked goods. Basically I want to buy Flatheim and live there.
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? I’d pause Netflix, walk all the way to the freezer, even if it meant leaving a really fun skype RP.
- Would you rather have a partner with a bizarre and off-putting fetish or a partner who is only interested in missionary penetrative sex? Ugh. I was totally going to go with the missionary man before I realized that means no cunnilingus, which makes my MST tattoo less funny… so… I guess gross fetish?
Tagged by imasupermuteant
1) Always post the rules.
2) Answer the questions from the person who tagged you and then write 11 new ones.
3) Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
4) Actually tell them you tagged them.
RULE 5) Rules 3+4 are stupid and we aren’t doing them.
- What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? Back in my day, in semi-rural Ohio, sushi was weird as hell. It’s still kinda weird when you think about it. Like, have some raw sea creature and veggies wrapped in rice and seaweed and rolled in fish eggs in such a way that it looks really pretty. Put that in your mouth.
- If you could be friends with any one member of the Justice League who would it be? That depends on who the hell is in the Justice League. What about Wonder Woman? I like her.
- What is your favorite breed of dog? Nervous little terriers that are loud and hate everyone but their owners but are too tiny to do anything about it, and also that like to go bounding through the fields in search of rabbits.
- If you were in a monogamous relationship and you agreed with your partner to have ONE celebrity exception to monogamy, what would yours be: I would say Tom Hiddleston, but I think that’s sort of implied by “monogamous relationship”. Like, a monogamous relationship is, by definition, between two people and Tom Hiddleston if he ever offers.
So, Hugh Dancy.
- What is one fetish you’re not into but WISH you were? Well, there would be a lot more really smutty fanfic available in my ships if I got the alpha-omegaverse thing. I try. I really do. It just doesn’t do it for me. Sometimes I kinda get into it and then someone says something about pups and I snap right back out. I dunno. Obviously a lotta people enjoy it because it’s everywhere, and that’s cool, but I’m a bit lost.
- What is your favorite rarepair/crack pairing: LOKI AND AZULA! Damn fandom’s hatred of cracky het, that would be hot as balls. In a good way. But also a sweaty way.
- If you could cosplay anything with the guarantee that you would look absolutely perfect, what would you cosplay? mmmmmmmm. So many cosplays, so few that I think I could pull off without divine intervention. The main problem is that I can think of some great ones that require a baby and/or a significant other for a prop. I guess I really wish I had the skill to do a full Ocarina of Time Zelda. Windwaker Zel is kinda the easy option.
- Marvel or DC? Marvel. They make good movies and shitty cartoons that are all up on Netflix, and also they have a semi-legendary dude named Stan on their team, which generally works out well for me.
- What does your dream house look like? My dream house is on 5th Street in my hometown. It is a huge pink 3-story Victorian with a huge yard, a tower, a balcony, stained glass windows, and (probably) 2 staircases, one to the kitchen and one to the living room. I literally have dreams about owning this house. The only problem is that it’s in my hometown, a place that doesn’t have a single cafe despite having a respectable 4-year liberal arts college in the center of town.
- If you could have any kind of hair what would it be? Kinda like my hair now, but not thin and brittle, and way easier to ignore without all my ends breaking. I want hair I think about twice a day; putting it up in the morning and taking it down at night. (This is what I do anyway, but I don’t want my hair to suffer visibly from my negligence.) Maybe a little longer. You know, like a cascade of gold, that jazz.
- Describe the ideal date: First off, nobody has any business being in love. It’s the number 1 cause of cooties in America today, and a serious contributor to the schmaltzy love song epidemic.
That said, my ideal date would be going to some big fancy event with a huge dessert table and an excuse to wear pretty dresses… and then we ditch it to go explore the hidden passage that leads to the catacombs… because obviously we’re in Paris.
I couldn’t think of any questions… so… sorry?
BattleStar Galactica/ D&D crossover where Six and President Roslyn are two clerics of competing religions, each doing a series of related but separate missions for XP, until they reach Epic level and have a huge blow-out battle with all their shiny specials.
hella-vanilla asked: There is a full lunar eclipse tonight. Want to invade the water tribe?
now is the time.
I just got the best automatic “we acknowledge you applied for this job” email ever.
In its entirety:
"We’ll get back to you."
that’s it. That’s all it says. No salutation, no signature. Just that.